Thursday, November 06, 2003

Got A Blue Moon in My Eye

For the past week or so, we've been working our way through Sopranos Season 4. Kind of slow, until we hit Episode 9 last night, during which a horse and then a major character die in rather spectacular fashion.

And to make sure that I'm not missing any important plot points, I've been going to the TV Without Pity recaps for each episode... That's a weird mix of interesting and frustrating. The guy doing the recaps can be insightful, but he's given to plopping these jive-ass pretend dialogues into the text; each time I see one, I sigh at the lameness of the world. And every so often, he'll through in bizarre political non sequiters along the lines of "I suppose this scene would mean more to you if you cared about the plight of the oppressed, but I, as a conservative, don't." Geesh, buddy... if I wanted my Sopranos commentary mixed with political maunderings, I'd read Lileks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home