Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Stuff, Stuff, and More Stuff

Part the First- new article
I've got another article up at Pulse of the Twin Cities. This one's about a guy named Lucky Jeremy who's trying to reinject some life back into punk rock. It's a little weirder than my previous Pulse articles, but I like it a little more because of that.

Part the Second- upcoming essay
I can't remember if I've posted about this before or not, but I'll have an essay in the forthcoming #1 issue of the magazine Ladies and Gentlemen. They don't have much content up on the site yet, but the design is quite cool, and that gives me hopes that the magazine itself will be equally cool. It doesn't hurt that other essayists will include Chuck Klosterman of Fargo Rock City fame and (and this fucking blows my mind) Mark Borchardt of American Movie.

Part the Third- parenting advice
Excerpt from an email I sent to a friend who had a child recently. Names have been changed to protect the innocent, but I'll stand by the advice:

Just remember, if he becomes too much of a handful, that dog saddles are relatively cheap and beagles are a very reliable breed. If you just saddle him up on [Godzilla] and send her out around town, it'll free up hours of your time AND give him that early taste of life in the saddle that'll be all the difference when he tries to break into the rodeo circuit. All of the greatest ropers rode dogs when they were infants; everyone knows that. Of course, if you really want to get serious about the cowboy thing, I suggest getting him into potato guns by the age of 3. Good aim doesn't happen by itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home